Saturday 14 June 2014

Moving on

I had my 3 monthly scan the other day at Clatterbridge, or to be more precise an X-ray. Although the resolution is far less than a CT scan, the tumour was much the same size as before and the Mets in my lungs were barely noticeable, so rather good news to say the least. I had been told that once the primary tumour is removed the Mets often shrink and sometimes disappear altogether.
Obviously I am over the moon about this, and overnight a huge weight has fallen of my shoulders, while the cancer will over time cause problems, at least for the time being I can lead a normal life, well as normal as my life ever is!
Second big bit of  news this week, I have a new phone, a Galaxy S5, how sad am I! Great phone though, and I do use it a lot, especially the mapping, having all the O/S maps on one device is amazing, all my collection of paper maps in the loft are certainly not going to be seen any time soon, although of course the phone is only as good as the signal. I have a couple of great apps on it for cycling and walking, the pedometer is great, I have taken 29925 steps in three days, and that's just out walking,  apparently I now rank 111162nd in the world!
I really feel good about the future, it really is time to move on and leave my old self behind, if some of my friends don't want to come with me on my journey then that will be their loss. I have quite a few plans, I want to take swimming lessons, I have a fear of water and can only sort of swim a length, I would like to go back to school to study, maybe History or Phycology, I have never been very good at studying, but I am sure if I put my mind to it I would do pretty well, I would also like to learn something else, like a language or even how to play the guitar! My biggest  plan for the future is to travel and hopefully spend a fair bit of time abroad, amongst other things I have been looking at  http://www.charitychallenge.com/index.html cycling across Cuba, or cycling The Great Wall of China, to name but two, I would seriously love to do something like that, and to raise some money for my local cancer charity http://www.jhcancersupport.com/  The John Holt centre in Warrington is quite a small but extremely friendly charity, I have only visited there once, going back on Monday, lovely people. Unfortunately I was supposed to go to an evening group this week but I managed to get the dates wrong. I seem to be so forgetful at the moment, and forever mixing dates and times up, I am not even sure what time I am supposed to be there on Monday!
I have got together a collection of self help books, one is called, "Dealing with People You Can't Stand" haha, I am normally very tolerant, but recently I have been letting peoples behaviour get to me, I have  already learnt some good tips, I will let you know how well they work.

A new friend I made


No comments:

Post a Comment